Week Six Prompt

My favorite way to promote romance materials at my library is through a display! Typically, I like to do a “Blind Date with  Book”, “Mystery Date with a Book”, or “Fall in Love with the Unknown” display. Patrons always get excited about the mystery surrounding the wrapped books on display. I enjoy using brown kraft paper and then I put 4 keywords/topics on the front that will hopefully catch the patron’s eye. Before putting them out, I decorate them with ribbon or yarn bows or use stamps that have a romance-esque feel to them. Not only does this type of display get patron’s excited to check out books, but it allows us (library employees) to choose books from the shelves that may not be circulating well on their own. The book that has continuously been passed over could end up being someone’s favorite book through a display such as the one described above. I did one of these displays in my library’s Teen Space on February 13th, and it has already been cleared out by the teens! In my experience, displays with wrapped books move much quicker than typical book displays.

Comments

  1. I also love to incorporate books with low circs to help "save them." Great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment